velvety herb scrambled eggs


Eggs, eggs, eggs. Each year as Easter approaches, I find myself buying a lot of eggs for coloring. Easter eggs in all shades of the rainbow are fun and festive. I just could not resist coloring them and displaying them throughout this season. Yes. We eat a lot of eggs as a result using all kinds of recipes calling for eggs.




Herb scrambled eggs is a refreshing version of scrambled eggs for breakfast. Since watching Ina Garten make this dish some years ago, velvety herb scrambled eggs has consistently showed up for brunch on lazy Sunday mornings. I have modified Ina's recipe through the years to reflect my likes and personal tips.

There is nothing quite as invigorating as fresh herbs for a bright flavor to start out your day. Any herbs you have in the fridge will work. I've tried it with taragon, dill and basil. Personally I like to use just 1 type of herb at a time. What can I say. I am a purist.

Overcooking eggs is a sin! I find that starting with a hot pan will quickly cook the scrambled eggs once the egg mixture is poured in. Then you must take it off the heat immediately after a quick stir. This is key to make sure the eggs stay soft, fluffy and tender.

Velvety Herb Scrambled Eggs adapted from Ina Garten's recipe (serves 2)

Ingredients:

* 4 eggs
* 1 Tbsp of cream
* 1 Tbsp of finely chopped herbs (vary amount depending on liking)
* 2 Tbsp of oil
* salt and pepper

Beat the eggs with exaggeration and determination till nice and fluffy. Lots of air please. Fold in cream and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix it so they are evenly distributed.

Preheat a non stick pan on medium high heat till pan is hot. Add 2 Tbsp of oil and swirl around the pan. Once the oil is very hot, gently pour the scrambled eggs in. Give it a quick stir and take it off the heat to serve. Eggs should be lightly cooked and tender. The herbs should be bright green.





Comments

  1. Yummy, yummy, I do love eggs!!!But I might confess, I love eggs (fried or boiled) overcooked!!! :(

    So, if I ever visit you, please, please, make my eggs overcooked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Regina,
      Well done coming up!! Anything for you my dear friend. Do visit soon ;-)
      Ginny

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

basil pineapple granita

swimming with manatees

warm smoked salmon ... and bike riding on sanibel island